Blessington House No More
Full title: The Building of the Mansion at Blessington, 1672
Creator / Author: Brian de Breffny
Item Type / Page count: Journal Article / 5p
Journal Information: The GPA Irish Arts Review Yearbook, pp. 73-77
When Published: 1988
Publisher / Place of Publication: Irish Arts Review / Dublin
About: In 1667, Archbishop Michael Boyle purchased the old Norman Lordship of The Three Castles and was granted a royal charter to establish the town of Blessington. He set about building a fine big house to be his residence. This article deals with the contract which was drawn up for the building of Blessington House and looks at the financial and construction aspects of what was a major project at the time. The mansion was destroyed during the rebellion of 1798.
ID number(s): 1649-217X / 0790-178X
Extra #1: includes black & white engraving plus elevation and ground plan.
Extra #2: Check Libraries Ireland for this publication.
Extra #3: Check OCLC WorldCat.org for this publication in libraries worldwide
Extra #4: Read this article online via JSTOR. [Personal registration / conditions apply]. Alternatively, your local public library may provide free online access to this article.