The Church of the Bog
Full title: Burgage (formerly Donagh-Emlagh), County Wicklow
Creator / Author: Lord Walter FitzGerald
Item Type / Page count: Journal Article / 8p
Journal Information: Journal of the County Kildare Archaeological Society, Vol. VII, No. 6, pp. 416-423
When Published: July 1914
Publisher / Place of Publication: E. Ponsonby / 116 Grafton Street, Dublin.
About: This article looks at the documentary evidence for the name of Burgage and for the former name of Donagh-Emlagh (meaning Church of the boggy land). The author also visits the local churchyard and comments on the remains of various buildings and monuments that he observed there.
ID number(s): 0332-0782
Extra #1: includes photographs and a map.
Extra #2: Check Libraries Ireland for this publication.
Extra #3: Check OCLC WorldCat.org for this publication in libraries worldwide.
Extra #4: View the entry for ‘Burgage’ in the Placenames Database of Ireland.
Extra #5: Browse the 1911 Census entry for the author of this article.