Grangecon and the Harringtons
Full title: Notes on Grange Con, County Wicklow
Creator / Author: Sir Arthur Vicars
Item Type / Page count: Journal Article / 4p
Journal Information: Journal of the County Kildare Archaeological Society, Vol. III (Number 6), pp. 382-385
When Published: January 1902
Publisher / Place of Publication: E. Ponsonby, Dublin for County Kildare Archaeological Society / Co. Kildare
About: This short piece looks at the ownership of Grange Con and adjacent areas following the dissolution of Baltinglass Abbey. It covers the period from around 1541 to 1612 and mainly features the family of Sir Henry Harrington.
ID number(s): 0332-0782
Extra #1: Check Libraries Ireland for this publication.
Extra #2: Check OCLC WorldCat.org for this publication in libraries worldwide.
Extra #3: This article includes two illustrations of sculptured stones set into the then existing castle ruins of Grange Con.
Extra #4: The author was an Honorary Secretary to the County Kildare Archaeological Society for around 30 years between 1891-1921. He had family connections with Grangecon and probably lived there at certain times.
Extra #5: Visit the County Kildare Archaeology Society website.