Full title: Some notes on the fords and bridges over the River Liffey
Creator / Author: Archdeacon Sherlock
Item Type / Page count: Journal Article / 13p
Journal Information: Journal of the County Kildare Archaeological Society, Vol. VI (Number 4), pp. 293-305
When Published: July 1910
Publisher / Place of Publication: County Kildare Archaeological Society / Co. Kildare
About: In this article the author firstly introduces the geography of the River Liffey and lists the various fords at which it was possible to traverse it. Then, starting downwards from Blessington, he goes on to describe the various stone bridges that one would have encountered all the way through to Leixlip in Kildare. For each location he also provides interesting historical information.
ID number(s): 0332-0782
Extra #1: includes four photographs.
Extra #2: Check Libraries Ireland for this publication.
Extra #3: Check OCLC WorldCat.org for this publication in libraries worldwide.
Extra #4: An extract from this article together with an extended commentary was published in Ballymore Eustace and Hollywood Chronicle, Christmas 1972.
Extra #5: Browse the 1901 Census return for the author William Sherlock.
Extra #6: Browse the 1911 Census return for the author William Sherlock.
Extra #7: Visit the County Kildare Archaeology Society website.